- Oct 31, 2011 The speedy Preview app will now be the default app to open the PDF document. Of course, this tip will be of less use if you need the full functioned Adobe Acrobat version on your Mac and use that for it’s powerful PDF editing capabilities.
- Mar 06, 2017 To change the default app for PDF, In Finder, select one of PDF files. Right-click on it and select Get Info in the pop-up, or type command-I, or choose Get Info on the File menu. Click Open With if the section isn't already expanded.
- Set Default App For Pdf Mac
- Mac Default App For Pdf Free
- Mac Default App For Pdf File
- Mac Default App For File Type
Set Adobe Acrobat as the Default PDF Reader in Mac OSX (zipForm Standard) Step 1: Single click a PDF file you wish to open or any PDF file in general while holding the Control key. Then select GET INFO from the menu you. Step 2: Click the drop down menu for OPEN WITH. Step 3: Select ADOBE READER. Nov 12, 2019 Like most PDF apps out there, PDF Expert comes with a free download option, but the app for iPad/iPhone costs $9.99 and includes in-app purchases, while the version for Mac.
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Applications
Topics Map > IT Help Desk Services > Mac
This document covers how to set different applications to open PDF files in macOS.
By default, macOS has Preview the built in PDF reader open and render all PDFs. This can be changed with a few simple steps.
1. Find a PDF file.
Set Default App For Pdf Mac
|Keywords:||PDF default application macOS Mac Macbook setSuggest keywords||Doc ID:||26046|
|Owner:||Zach G.||Group:||UW Green Bay|
|Created:||2012-08-24 14:10 CDT||Updated:||2020-05-20 13:24 CDT|
|Sites:||UW Green Bay|
|Feedback:||223CommentSuggest a new document|
The default applications in Mac are easy to use. But, some of the default apps lacks some features that we badly need. Or there are operations that we want to perform but aren’t available in Mac default programs. So, what we can do in such a scenario?
All we can do is change default application on Mac from the one we want to use in Mac.
Today, in this article, we will be looking at the step by step guide for how to change Mac default programs from the ones that we prefer to use.
Change Mac Default Calendar
This process will change your Mac’s default Calendar Application.
Mac Default App For Pdf Free
1. From the Applications folder, open Calendar or type ‘Calendar’ in Search box and open it.
2. Now, from the menu bar of Calendar, go to ‘Preferences’.
3. Now in General, select the ‘Default Calendar App’ menu.
4. In this menu, choose the preferred calendar application, which will be the default calendar app.
How to Change Default Mail Application on Mac?
This process will change default mail application on Mac to open and send mails.
1. From the Applications, open Mail or type ‘Mail’ in Search box and open it.
2. Now, from the menu bar of Mail, go to ‘Preferences’.
3. Now in General, select the ‘Default Mail Reader’ dropdown menu.
4. Choose the preferred default mail reader application. There are some applications that are not fully functional at times. So, when choosing the default mail reader app make sure that it performs all the functions that you want to perform.
How to Change Default Browser on Mac?
This process will tell you how to change default browser on Mac with the specific web browser of your choice.
1. For this, you have to go to Mac’s System Preferences from the menu bar.
2. In System Preferences, go to General box.
3. As soon as you enter the General Pane in System Preferences, there is a ‘Default web Browser’ option followed by the dropdown menu.
4. From the given list of web browsers, select the one that you most commonly use. And, if you see any third-party web browsers in the list, avoid making them as your default web browser.
This process can also be done from within the respective web browser by going to preferences & simply performing the steps.
Read Also : How To Organize Files And Folders Using macOS Tags
Make Google Chrome Default Web Browser
1. Go to Preferences in Google Chrome menu.
2. In Default Browser option, click ‘MAKE DEFAULT’.
3. After this, a Mac OS dialog box will appear on your screen asking you to confirm. Select Use “Chrome” button.
Note: Mozilla Firefox can be made default browser by following the same steps given above.
Change Mac Default Image Viewer
This process will change your Mac’s default image viewer with the specific viewer of your choice.
1. Find and search for an image in file finder with extension .jpg or .png.
2. Now, right click on the picture and select ‘Get Info’ option from the menu.
3. In Get Info window, search for ‘Open with:’.
Mac Default App For Pdf File
4. Now when you click the menu given on the right side of Open with, a list of applications will appear that are able to view that image.
Mac Default App For File Type
5. Choose the application that you want to open your image with.
6. Now press the ‘Change All’ button. This button confirms that the particular application is set as the default image viewer application.
7. After pressing Change All, a dialog box will appear on your screen asking you to continue with this app. Press Continue.
This will change your default mac image viewer.
Read Also : 10 Best Data Recovery Software for Mac 2018
Note: By following the same steps as given above, you can change your Mac’s default app to open files & file types as well.
These all the steps allow us to change the default applications on a Mac.
There are some applications as well that allow you to change your systems default applications.
If you found this helpful, please let us know. You can also drop your feedback in the comment section below.